Requests for payment from Foundation accounts must include:
• Foundation account number
• Signature (approval) of person responsible for the account
• To whom the check should be written
• Total amount being requested
• Original receipts--For scanning purposes, all papers that are submitted must be 8 ½ x 11. Receipts smaller than this size must be securely taped to 8 ½ x 11 sheets of paper. Please only use one side of the paper.
Click here for a Check Request Form
Checks are cut weekly, and check requests received Monday through Friday (close of business) will be ready for pickup anytime after 12 noon on Wednesday of the following week. When there is a Monday holiday, checks will be ready on Thursday rather than on Wednesday. No individual notification will be sent for check pickup.
Purchase Order Process
IMPORTANT: When using Foundation funds, purchase orders are only needed if the vendor with which you are working will not allow you to purchase the item(s) and then invoice the School of Mines Foundation for payment.
If you do need a Purchase Order:
• Use the Electronic Purchase Order Request Form
• Fill out only the areas highlighted in yellow
• If you have scanning capabilities, scan the responsible person’s signature for the Foundation account and insert it at the bottom of the request form.
• If you do not have scanning capabilities, include the responsible person’s approval in your e-mail request.
• E-mail the form to Lana.Thom@sdsmt.edu. She will prepare the purchase order and email it back to the person requesting it.
Please allow 24 hours (one business day) for processing purchase orders. The Foundation does not order the merchandise.